Playground One!® Limited Ten (10) Year Warranty
Always supervise your children’s play activity and maintain and inspect your play set regularly for wear and safety.
Subject to proper installation, normal residential non-commercial use, and to the original retail purchaser Playground One!® warrants, subject to the limitations stated below, all wooden components against structural failure due to corrosion, wood rot or insect damage for a period of 10 years after original purchase. Peeling, splintering, seasonal checks, surface cracks, knotholes and knots caused by weather or nature are natural characteristic of wooden play equipment. Such imperfections that do not result in structural failure are not covered under this warranty. Merchandise covered under this limited warranty will be repaired or replaced at manufacturer’s option and shipped prepaid by the customer to the showroom handling the warranty work. All labor costs, travel expenses and any other charges involved in the installation or replacement of parts will be the original purchaser’s responsibility. The warranty coverage described in this paragraph is the purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy.
Not covered under the limited 10 year warranty:
Subject to proper installation, normal residential non-commercial use, and to the original retail purchaser Playground One!® warrants, subject to the limitations stated below to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of two years from date of original purchase.
- metal braces
Cracks in non-functional plastic components, surface rust and fading are not considered defects in materials and workmanship, if they do not affect the functionality of the play set. Merchandise covered under this limited warranty will be repaired or replaced at manufacturer’s option and shipped prepaid by the customer to the showroom handling the warranty work. All labor costs, travel expenses and any other charges involved in the installation or replacement of parts will be the original purchaser’s responsibility. The warranty coverage described in this paragraph is the purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy.
Non-residential use of the play set will void this warranty as it is designed solely for residential use only.
Manufacturer reserves the right to examine photographs and/or physical evidence of merchandise claimed to be defective and to recover said merchandise, prior to disposition of warranty claims. Merchandise returned for examination or recovery must be shipped freight prepaid once a Return Authorization number is issued.
No warranty is offered on equipment that has been moved from its original place of installation, subjected to abuse, negligence, improper installation, vandalism, acts of god, unauthorized alteration or attachment to equipment other original, or improper use, service or repair by customer or any third party. Playground One!® assumes no responsibility for incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the purchase or use of the equipment.
THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR USE. PLAYGROUND ONE SYSTEMS DOES NOT ASSUME, OR AUTHORIZE ANY PERSON TO ASSUME FOR US, ANY OTHER LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OF THESE PRODUCTS.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you also may have right that vary from state to state.
Complete 10 (Ten) Year Limited Warranty Can Be Found In Your User Manual
As fresh lumber acclimates to its new environment, the natural tendencies of the tree can show itself in the form of checks, or “cracks” in the lumber. In almost all cases this is normal and it will not affect the structural integrity of your play set.
Cosmetic defects that do not affect the structural integrity of the product, or natural defects of wood such as warping, checking or any other physical properties of wood that do not present a safety hazard, are not covered by this warranty. Defects that develop because the product is exposed to extreme climate conditions are not covered by this warranty. Defects that develop as a result of faulty or improper installation of the product are also not covered by this warranty.
Most cracks are not warrantable; however if you believe that the integrity of your play set is compromised by this natural occurrence, please contact your local Playground One dealer.
We appreciate your purchase and know that you will enjoy your play system for many years to come.
Playground One!®recommends that the weight limits for all components must not be exceeded. Failure to adhere to these and other safety guidelines could result in damage to the play set and injury to the users
- FORT PLATFORMS: 800 LBS. TOTAL WEIGHT
- SWING BELTS: 175 LBS.
- TRAPEZE: 125 LBS.
- FULL BUCKET SWING: 50 LBS.
- TODDLER BUCKET SWING: 50 LBS.
- INFANT SWING: 35 LBS.
- TIRE SWING: 125 LBS.
- TOTAL WEIGHT ROPE LADDER: 75 LBS.
- ROCK WALL: 150 LBS.
- ALL SLIDES: 125 LBS.
When choosing a location for your swing set, always keep your child or children’s safety in mind. Here are some recommendations to help you locate and install a safe play area.
- This play set is designed for the use of 4 occupants who have a combined weight not exceeding 800 pounds on the elevated floor, 3 occupants who have a combined weight of 525 pounds on the swing area, for a total Unit capacity of 5 occupants who have a combined weight of 1325. (this weight is not including the picnic table area)
- On-site adult supervision is required.
- The swing set should be located on level ground. The stationary components such as ladders and slides are required to be a minimum of six feet from any structure or obstruction such as a fence, garage, house, tree, overhanging branches, electrical wires, clotheslines, etc. Any Swinging equipment is also required to be a minimum distance twice the height of the swing beam away from these obstructions or structures as well. The swing set should be located a safe distance from any water hazards, such as a lake, river, bayou, swimming pool, etc.
- Do not install this residential swing set in a commercial setting. This swing set is not manufactured for commercial usage and will void all warranties. Playground One Systems is not responsible for any damages or injuries resulting from this swing set being used in a commercial setting.
- Never install this swing set indoors; or over concrete, asphalt, packed earth, grass, carpet or any other hard surface. A fall onto a hard surface can result in serious or fatal injury.
- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recommends that you install and maintain a resilient surface under your swing set. The CPSC’s Consumer Information Sheet for Playground Surfacing Materials is on the next page. A resilient surface should be installed after the swing set has been completely assembled according to these instructions. The swing set must rest on solid ground. Please note that this swing set has a maximum fall height of 7’.
Maintaining your swing set:
- At the beginning of each usage season and every two weeks during, check: nuts and bolts and tighten as needed, swing seats, chains, ladders, slides, rope and wood components for sign of deterioration and replace if necessary.
- On a yearly basis, we recommend that you coat your swing set with a sealant or preservative. You may also want to spot sand any areas prior to sealing. **Special note: Although we recommend that you reseal your swing set annually, you may have to touch up the high traffic areas and/or areas that have a high exposure to direct sunlight.** Be sure that the sealant you select is nontoxic and child safe. Your local Playground One Systems dealer may offer a complete power wash and reseal and maintenance program.
- Do not use line trimmers or “weed eaters” around your swing set. The line will remove both paint and wood from uprights and base pieces. Any damage resulting from this type of abuse is not covered under our limited warranty.
- Remove plastic swing seats and take in doors or do not use when temperature drops below 0°F.
- Not to walk close to, in front of, behind, or between moving items.
- Not to swing empty swing seats.
- Not to swing sideways into the path of adjacent swings.
- Not to use the swing set in a manner other than that for which it is intended.
- Not to get off the equipment while it is in motion.
- Not to jump off the tower.
- To hold on to swings and climbers with both hands.
- Not to stand in the swing seats.
- Not to swing so high that chains become slack, or above the height of the swing support.
- Not to jump on a slide.
- Not to climb on top of the swing support.
- Not to attach to the swing set any item that is not specifically designed for use with the equipment, such as (but not limited to) jump ropes, clotheslines, pet leashes, cables, and chains. These may become strangulation hazards.
- To slide feet first, never head first.
- To watch for other children while swinging or playing near the swing set.
In Addition, Adults Must:
- Limit climbing and swinging heights to each child’s ability.
- Verify that suspended climbing ropes are secured at both ends.
- Verify that suspended climbing ropes cannot be looped back on themselves.
- Dress children appropriately for play. Use well-fitted shoes that do not have slippery soles.
- Avoid ponchos, scarves, hoods, loose fitting clothing, neckties, and any clothing with a drawstring. Serious injury could result should any part of the children’s clothing become entangled in the swing set.
- Do not allow children to play wearing helmets.
- Remember that children are inventive. When they develop games that are unsafe, be alert and change the rules.